Sunday, November 14, 2010

Northwood Church

Mimi and Rick came over sunday afternoon for lunch after attending a wedding in Frisco on Saturday! Rory loves visitors! Especially grandparents! :)
playing with Grandpa Rick
she is such a spoiled little girl! :) And I love it!


Last week our church held a Fall Festival for The Academy at West Birdville, which is a Title One School. They held dental screenings, flu shots, family potraits, lunch, games, bounce houses, etc for this school in Haltom City. I was the photographer for the event and it was a dream come true (as you all know I love to take pictures). The smile in the children/parents faces were so grateful. It was an inspirational day and makes me so thankful for the things I am blessed with. I took hundreds of pics here are just a few! Look for them a in a brochure near you....ha ha.

Greg had to work that morning so thank you Nana V for watching Rory so I could participate. :)


waiting to dunk someone in the water tank

bounce house fun!

His Jacket says "Bikers For Christ" and the kids loved sitting on the Harley!

My friend Jamie (also a teacher at Academy at West Birdville) and one of the students

Greg and I finished our t-life classes a couple of weeks ago and were introduced as New Members at Northwood last week. We were presented in front of our church and we kneeled down and had so many words of prayer given to us. It was so moving and I am so glad we have made this step as a family. Northwood is all about praising other religions and just "loving" all religions and all types of people. They are about using your god given gifts to make a difference in the world. It is a church that I am so proud to be a part of and every sunday I am brought to tears for what God is doing around the world through Northwood. Today they had a woman from Saudi Arabia sing the Koran and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. I am trying to be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and God and Northwood are helping me! I have a long way to go but I am so glad to start this journey. I am so thankful for all the blessings God has given me and I hope that Greg and I can make a difference to those less fortunate than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment