Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trip to Georgetown

Coop and Rory at Chuck E Cheese!!! :)
Aunties :)
Dad doing what he loves most...grilling for his Kiddos!! :)
:)
Rory doing what she loves best...playing in the dog bowls!! :)
and finding drawers that aren't child proof... :)
Harlin the Macaw :)
playing at Britni's:)
visiting Nana at the Nursing home....i think Rory has her daddy's phobia of nursing homes...she had the death grip on me pretty much the whole time. :) We did happen to witness something pretty special though....let me first start by saying...Greg and I always think our grandparents are watching over Rory...we just feel it. And at the nursing home there was a big picture of my Grandad on the wall....Rory had the death grip on me and when she saw the picture she reached out with both arms and smiled and giggled with delight. (like she had seen him before) It was pretty amazing....of course my mom began to cry and I got a little teary eyed myself. :)
this picture cracks me up....cooper has become a picke eater in his old age..ha ha. He was eating his hamburger when he spotted something blue....(the blue part of a toothpick) he decided he didn't want the burger anymore after discovering the blue meat...but after a little persuading..."don't you want to be strong and the fastest boy on the soccer field...you need to eat your meats" he finished the burger.
Last weekend Rory and I packed up and headed to Georgetown to help host by dear friend, Shannon's, Bridal Shower. We loaded up Thursday morning (I should of packed up the car Wednesday night with Greg's help but I didn't...I will never do that again...it took me almost two hours to load the car up and also trying to keep Miss Rory out of trouble) We spent the night at my Dad's and Carlene's Thursday...he grilled burgers and Rory enjoyed hanging out outside. She is not afraid of anything (except stuffed dinosaurs) and as my brother and dad says, "she is a tough girl!" She explores and falls down all the time but just picks herself back up. Friday we stopped by Britni house and Rory enjoyed playing with her doggies and her Macaw, Harlin...we went to Auntie Reagan's house too...and her and Auntie Mere took Rory in a stroller ride down to the square while mommy watched a show Auntie Reagan had recorded for he a couple weeks before. Then we all met Mimi, Auntie Linds, and Cousin Coop for an early dinner at El Patron. Saturday Mimi took Coop and Rory to Chuck E Cheese while Mere and I went to the Shower. My mom said "SHE LOVED IT...and ran around Chuck E Cheese the whole 2 hours!" My mom also watched Rory while I attended a high school friends mom's memorial service who lost her battle with breast cancer. It was a lovely service and just reminded me how fragile and short life is. :(
Amanda came over and we ordered Chinese and went to bed by 8:30pm...Sunday my mom, Rory, and I went to see Nana, target shopping trip, and Dos Salsas for Lunch. It was a great weekend!! I love being surrounded by my family! Greg had to work this weekend....and we missed him so much. He works so hard so Rory and I can frolic around and we love and appreciate him so much.
Thank you Nana V and Papa J for letting us stay at your house!!! We enjoyed it so much! I wish I would of taken more pictures...but here are just a few. :)
A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO MIMI FOR TAKING CARE OF RORY PRETTY MUCH ALL DAY SATURDAY And helping me throughout the weekend!!! Rory loves you and spending time with you! xoxo ME TOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment