Monday, March 19, 2012

Reagan's Speech at Nana's Funeral

Muriel was known to me as Nana, and to me my Nana was a woman of poise and grace. Not only was she a woman, but she was the definition of a lady. As a preachers wife there are a lot of eyes on you to be a good role model, and a role model she was. She was a smart and educated woman, she was a professor and she loved her career, ironically... she was a professor of speech, so she is probably looking down on me and my shaky voice with embarrassment, so sorry about that Nana . She was a wonderful grandmother to all her seven grandkids. My family was fortunate enough to live close to her and granddad so we got to spend a lot of time with them growing up. I come from a family of 4 siblings and sometimes we didn't get as much one on one attention as each of us would have liked, so my mom would take us to nana and granddads for the night. This was always such a joy, we were spoiled with attention and of course food! With the three staple items
1. Red jello
2. Pickles
3. and Granddads homemade biscuits that we made bright and early while Nana was still sleeping, always being sure to make a tiny little biscuit for Nana. I felt so special at their home and with them. She was a loving and caring mother to my mom.... and from what she's told me Nana would always listen and support her without criticism or judgment, much like a lady of God. She was a wonderful wife , and to me her and my Granddad had an everlasting love, a love that one could only aspire to have, and even though he tried every year at the mall to steal her away, it was a love even Santa Clause couldn't break.I know she had a wonderful life that she would look back on and say with great joy.
" how bout that!"

You are with Grandad now Nana y'all are back together where y'all belong and where y'all will be for eternity. You will be missed we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment