Sunday, September 9, 2012

Operation Get Rid of "Pappy"

Rory Loves her Aunt JJ and playing "Sack of Potatoes"

Fun with Cousin Jaxson :)

 
Greg was lucky enough to have one last "boys" weekend getaway before he has THREE girls to take care of! Papa J, Aaron, and Greg rented an RV and attended the A&M v. Florida game in College Station. I know he had a great time! So Aunt JJ came over Friday night for a sleepover (and she got to see the nighttime ritual in case she is called in for duty when I go into Labor..she will be taking care of Rory until backup can arrive.) We had a fun night of pizza and chasing Rory around! Her quote "I'm going to loose 10 lbs in one day taking care of her!" SHE IS ALWAYS ON THE MOVE! Saturday morning we went out for breakfast and then Saturday afternoon Cousin Tori and Jaxson came over to play! It was a fun weekend! However...I am worn out! There are lots of aches and pains going on down there.
 
 
* Last week was a bit of a rough week for me and Rory. I started watching Lauren again which I am excited about. The extra income will help out a bunch and Rory loves Lauren!! However...it involves getting up at 5:30am Wednesday and Thursday. So needless to say when I dropped Rory off at school on Thursday after driving back and forth to Argyle to take Lauren to school....Rory was tired and not a happy camper when I dropped her off. I think she was ready to plop her little booty in her chair in front of the couch with a glass of milk and her favorite Barney episode....so when I turned into the school parking lot...the crying began.."No School! No School!" As I have mentioned before she loves her backpack...so she stopped crying when I got her out and put that on. She walked into school...but as soon as we got to her classroom she made a sprint for the nearest exit and began crying. I grabbed her and passed her off to her teacher crying/screaming. Fast Forward 3 hours later and the dreaded phone call arrived from her teacher...."Lacey....umm we can't get Rory to stop crying...she keeps crying for her pappy...and doesn't want to lay down on her nap mat..We just wanted you to know..she seems out of sorts today." The conversation went on for a bit longer...and Ms. Nancy was so nice/wonderful...but I decided to go ahead and pick her up. After speaking with Ms.Nancy further we realized....she knows her pacifier is in her nap mat (she still sleeps with it at nap and night time) and therefore cries and reaches for her pappy throughout the morning. Now, Rory goes to MOPS and Sunday School in that same room and never cries or ask for her "pappy" because she knows it's not there. So after talking to her teacher and Daddy we have decided on a plan. NO MORE PAPPY ANYMORE!!! She has been pacifier free since Friday!!! WOO HOO! Last night was the first night and it was rough but not as bad as I thought. She cried for 1.5 hrs...of course I was in there scratching her back and patting her and cuddling her....but it was 1.5 hours of torcher. "PLEASE MOMMY PAPPY! I WANT TOBY...I WANT LAYLA...I WANT DADDY...I WANT PLAYDOH!" This phrase went on over and over and until she finally passed out and slept till 6:30 this morning. She slept for 10 hours without it so I would say that first night was a success...I have heard horror stories of kids that cry till 2 or 3 in the morning the first night they don't have their pacifier...so I consider an hour and a half GOOD..even though it was AWFUL! I am going to pick her up from Mother's Day Out before nap for a couple of weeks just so she totally forgets about her pacifier and then try the nap time thing at school again. When Baby Rylee is born I will HAVE to have those 10 hours of mothers day out!
 
Needless to say....the "mommy guilt" is killing me..."is taking care of Lauren what is best for Rory if she is so tired she is going to have a meltdown every Thursday? (she didn't do this the Tuesday or the Thursday before when she slept till 730) "Are there to many changes going on for her with all the Baby Rylee preparation, school, no pacifier, big girl bed, my patience level is short with how uncomfortable I have been) I know everything will be fine and wonderful and I know all mom's suffer from Mommy guilt! Why do we do this to ourselves...lol. I will just keep praying for patience! As I read to myself from Rory's scripture book..."Don't worry about anything..Tell God everything!" IT WILL ALL BE OKAY!

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE A GREAT MOM. DONT STRESS, EASIER SAID THAN DONE IM SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Thank you for our daily talks...you keep me sane leaganter and you are a WONDERFUL AUNTIE! :)

    ReplyDelete