Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Little Bit about Christmas on Grant Park Ave..

I hardly have anytime to write anymore...so I just put up pics usually in the early morning before Miss Rory and Rylee Roo are both awake. Right now Rylee is napping and Greg and Rory are at the store getting ingredients to make a Black Eyed Pea Chili on this New Years Day! Happy New Year by the way! We celebrated unloading and putting away all our wonderful gifts from Christmas with Nana and Papa and hitting the hay by 9pm. :) So here is a belated entry about Christmas on Grant Park Avenue...

My little brother arrived the Friday before Christmas...of course as soon as he arrived I put him in charge of the children while I cleaned for the guests coming the following day. I will tell you one of the sweetest sounds was seeing/watching my brother play with Rory in her room on the video camera. I could here both of them laughing through the walls and could hear pictures being shaken from the wall. I turned on the monitor and he was just throwing a ball up in the air and hitting random things in her room. She was laughing so hard. Uncle Buddy has a way/bond with his nieces and nephew! He will make a great DAD. (first we have to find him a wife) We had a delicious dinner of Tortellini soup that night! Saturday...all the guests arrived and we had a great time. We went to Cousin Tori's for lunch one day...Buddy/Fuller cooked Chili one night! The boys were able to go duck hunting on Christmas Eve Morning! A few highlights of my Christmas.....

*Holding Rylee in my arms at Christmas Eve Service...with my wonderful Husband and Rory next to us...as Rory sang "Away in a manger."

*Having Aunt Reagan join us for Christmas Eve Service.....

*Cooper and Rory singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus!"

*Buddy, Mere, Cooper, Jamie, and I delivered meals to the Seniors Christmas Lunch. Of Course..Jamie,Mere, and I were in tears. This has been such a wonderful blessing in my life and I was so glad to share it with them. The real meaning of Christmas....love as He loved!

*When Greg left to get Dish washing soap at 10pm at night and left Uncle Buddy and Uncle Fuller in charge of Rylee. I was asleep and heard her crying...I come out and Buddy is rocking her and said, "Glad your up..I think IT's hungry!"
 
*Snowball fight in the backyard!

*Rory and Mimi crawling around like cats and hissing at everyone! oh Mimi!!

*Cooper and Rory playing together!

*Danny Boy and Brock trying to figure out the childproof door handles! Hilarious!

*Mom and Jamie trying to find Brock a girlfriend!

*Christmas Day night...when we celebrated our "family" Christmas with just us four! And my sweet husband gave me a replica of my wedding band that I lost a couple of yrs ago. Love you Honey!



With all but a few sibling spats, we survived another Christmas on Grant Park Ave! Hosting was a lot of work! But we loved having everyone under one roof! Love you all!!  Happy Birthday to the Baby Jesus! Everytime I look into my little girls' faces I am reminded of how good he has been to Greg and I. :) Here is to a great 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment