Monday, August 25, 2014

Lubbock Road Trip :)

My Dad and Carlene bought us a Hampton Inn Gift Card for our birthdays to use for our Nebraska Trip. We were unable to take that trip because Greg started his new job that week, so I suggested we take a family road trip to Lubbock. I haven't been back in 10 years! What a fun trip we had! 


The girls did awesome on the trip! Rylee was happy as long as she had her pappy, blankie, Jessie, and SNACKS!! 

First stop...SPANKYS for lunch!! 


2nd Stop..Touring the Campus!! 





Future Red Raiders?? I hope so!! 
3rd Stop...my place of employment all 4 years of college...Good Ole South Plains Mall!
Sadly...The Disney Store is no more. It is now an Oakley Store. :(


Fun Times in the Mall!! 


A little pool time at the Hotel...

My kind of Travel Buddies...ready to watch TV and get ready bed at 5pm!! :) 


To break up the trip up on the way home we stopped at The Abilene Zoo! Such a cute zoo!! Loved feeding the giraffes!! 



I will tell you these pics just melt our hearts...
Rory, "Come on Rylee! Let's hold hands!"
Rylee,"Okay Ro Ro!"






Feeding the giraffes was by far the girls favorite part!!

It was such a fun road trip! Just makes me so thankful for my family.
PS Just like all family vacations there comes a point where you are like..okay time to get home. This happened toward the end of the zoo trip....Rory running and fell and skinned her knees really bad. All the activity and excitement of the weekend caught up to her and she couldn't stop crying! She crashed as soon as we got in the car...which made for the last 2 hr stretch Easy as Pie. :) That is until Rylee dumped Cinnamon Toast Crunch all in her car seat and was screaming "Itchy! Itchy!" LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment