Sunday, August 19, 2012

Daddy/Daughter/Nana Trip to Nebraska

Greg, Rory, and Vickie should be home in the next few hours after spending a few days in Norfolk, NE visiting Great Grandma Mae. (I just couldn't make the 11 hour drive in my current condition which is big and miserable)  Which means I had 3 days to myself to rest, read, relax, do whatever my heart desired. Boy...did I enjoy this little "mommy" break! I surprised myself and only got a little weepy eyed..when I talked to Rory on the phone...I have NEVER talked to her on the phone which tells you that we are ALWAYS together. She has the cutest, sweetest, most precious voice in the world and her phone voice is even more precious. Hearing.."Hi mommy!" "What are you doing, Mommy?" "I love you Mommy!" "YES!" were the sweetest sounds to my ears.

Here is what I did this long weekend...

Thursday---treated myself to a pedicure, quiet time, took a long nap, and then met Jamie for dinner at Pei Wei/Half Price Books, and then she came over to watch Big Brother

Friday- rented A Little Bit of Heaven from the redbox, went shopping for some new clothes for Rory (she starts mother's day out next week), napped some more, met Grandma and Grandpa Mullins at the movies to see SPARKLE, and then we had dinner at BJ's. :) Thank yall for that special treat!

Saturday-slept till 8:45 (WHAT...haven't done that in yrs) Jamie and I delivered meals to the Seniors in Haltom City (my favorite Senior Ms. Dorothy did miss Rory), lunch at Jason's Deli, and then we went to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green. CUTE! I did babysit my two favorite boys..Jack and Alex last night...

It was such a nice 3 days...and I feel rested and rejuvenated. I am so thankful for Greg and Nana for taking such good care of Rory and for making that long drive with a very active 2.5 year old. From what they tell me she did great...I'll push Greg for more stories when he arrives. :)

I will now take a last minute nap...because I know I will not be able to stop squeezing and hugging the loves of my life for the rest of the day once they arrive. I told them to take lots of pics so I will post those later. Lens still on the fritz....but will def have my camera back by September...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment