Thursday, October 4, 2012

The time is near....

Baby Rylee will be here in a couple of weeks and BOY can you sense a change is a coming!! Rory's tantrum's have increased...she seems to thinks it is funny to "pee" on the floor and smile, she wants to be held constantly, she wants to run around naked all the time, and she seems to know that mommy can't "clean" or catch her when she is doing something she isn't supposed too! We are trying to be as patient as possible and HOPE that she will get it all out of her system before Miss Rylee arrives. Daddy showed a great deal of patience on Saturday night when she refused to put her pull up on before bed. She kicked, screamed (a scream I have never heard before), arched her little back, went boneless, etc. She really made him work for it. As I observed this "meltdown" I asked him "Do you need help?" his response was "I got this." he remained calm and eventually got her pull up on and put her on his lap where she screamed/cried some more. He lovingly calmed her down and  Within 2 minutes this was the picture of victory! SHE WAS OUT LIKE A LIGHT! (picture above) My patience has been on a short thread lately so after seeing this unfold Daddy inspired me...love you Honey!

The mess that is our house!! I am having nightmares that my house will be a disaster when I go into labor...and I will be in excruciating pain and be mopping the floors before Jamie, Nana, and Mimi come over. Please forgive me if this is the case.

Jamie came over yesterday...and she made the comment "Everybody is needy in this house!" She said this after Toby kept crawling in her lap and licking her face over and over. Well...we ran out of dog food last night so after I dropped Rory off at school this morning I went to Wal-Mart to get dog food. Did I get dog food? No. I forgot...but I did get Fall Decor. lol. As soon as I entered the house here was Layla staring at me with two strings of drool hanging from her chin. I thought "I will just pick some up at 2pm...when I go get Rory" Layla wouldn't have that and followed me around for 30 minutes making "needy" sounds...so I went back to Walmart and purchased DOG FOOD and some extra TREATS for them to ease my guilt.

Needless to say...we are READY for Rylee to be here. So I can get back to being the best mommy I can be for Rory and Rylee! I have not been "myself" the last few weeks and the guilt is not fun....ready for our little family of four to be here so I can keep up with my little ones and take good care of my hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Cracks me up, love the sleeping pic, precious

    ReplyDelete