Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I have been reading posts the last couple days on my Uncle James' facebook page...it is amazing all the lives he touched...here is a posting from one of his former students..

I cannot do justice to what Dr. Glass meant to me, what he did for me, what I learned from him or what it means to know that I will never talk to him again. 

I struggle with a feeling that I never managed to live up to the promise he saw in me. I wanted to make him proud in that way, but it just wasn't meant to be. But then I realize that he taught me much more than music.

I look to him as a model that I am proud to say influences my way through the world. In that way, I believe I do him honor, and I will never forget everything he taught me, gave me, or did for me.

He was a giant among men, though many would not recognize it. He was the epitome of an open heart and a kind soul. He was intellectually brilliant. To understand that I spend as many years in his company as I did feels like a gift. For this reason, I cannot be sad. I rejoice in his life. He continues on in all of those he touched. I am a blessed man to count myself in that lucky number.

No comments:

Post a Comment