Friday, February 26, 2010

Febuary 20th....Rory's Birthday!!

i promise I will post pictures soon!! It has been a loooonnngg week. Rory is the most amazing thing in the world. I want to cry everytime i look at her i am overcome with such joy and emotions. We were having trouble getting her to eat....the nurses said she had the sucking habits of a premie and was not eating. She was 6.8lbs when she was born....6.2lbs the following day...and then 5.14 lbs the day after that. It was so frusturating....our baby was just melting away. We were released from the hospital on Monday and went back to the hospital on Tuesday (where she weighed 5.14lbs....we went back again on Wednesday and she weighed 6lbs.....YEAH...they told us to come back to the hospital today....greg and my mom are at the hospital now.....i am praying she has gained some more weight) Also her billy count has been high so they are checking that again today as well. As for why i am not at the hospital checkup appointment....i am on bedrest pretty much. I woke up Wednesday with a horrible headache....it went away that evening but then returned early Thursday morning. It was the worst pain i have ever felt....childbirth was nothing compared to this. Turns out i have PDPH. (post dural puncture headache) My spine was nicked during the epidural and there was a leak. The only relief was to lay down. We went to the emergency room yesterday and I received a blood patch in my spine. I was literally crying and lying on the waiting room floor in pain. Once the blood patch was inserted there was immediate relief. However....no pain meds when this was inserted into my spine so that was no bueno....but it actually hurt less then the headache. So now I can't lift anything or bend down to pick anything up....this includes miss rory. She must be placed into my arms....:( I am so ready for Rory and I to be healthy so I can really enjoy and give Rory so much Mommy love.

Thank God for my Mom and Greg who have been amazing. Waiting on Rory and I hand and foot. I don't know how people do it without any help. They have been amazing!!!!

Greg just texted and she weighs 6.1 lbs.....yeah for weight gain!!! Will post pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness, how scary and painful! I hope you are both on the mend very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I feel so bad for you & Rory...not a good post for a pregnant woman to read :)

    Glad to hear that things are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your skin still looks flawless even after giving birth.....bitch.

    ReplyDelete