Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions :)

:) Resolution #3
:)
The nose picking has begun!! Ha Ha. She hasn't officially began "picking" however she likes to rest her finger up there! We are trying not to make it a big deal...because as we all know Rory loves to get a "reaction" out of her Mama and Daddy. As long as that hand isn't going towards the mouth afterwards...we will continue to ignore. :)
My sister, Reagan, called me yesterday and said, "I believe you have been doing something since December 31st..i need to see a blog entry." So we haven't been doing much since the New Year. We are glad to be getting back to our regular schedule and going to Kelli's again!! We missed her and our Little Sprouts friends. And Greg is off this weekend so we are staying home and going to attempt potty training! We shall see how it goes! :)
I do have a few New Year's Resolutions I would like to post....
1) Read my Bible everyday...Sadly I am not consistent with my quiet time. But our church is going to guide us this year to help us accomplish reading the whole Bible. This week is the Book of John. I have my grandfather's old bible...and I think I need a new one because it is difficult to read and I always seem to be asking summarizing the stories to Greg just to make sure I understood the story correctly. (I sometimes read Rory's Children's Bible...he he...now that is more on my level)
2) Pay more attention to Toby and help him loose some LBS. (my poor little guy has been slightly neglected since the arrival of Rory...he eats her scrapes off the floor and doesn't get the walks he needs) OPERATION TOBY!! Is what I call it?
Greg says, "How is Operation Toby going?" aka "Did you walk him today?"
3) More structured meal times for Miss Rory. As we all know I am a "bird feeder" to Rory. I never feel like she is getting enough to eat so I walk around and give her food while she is playing. And sadly whenever she goes to the fridge I give her what she wants...example : cheese...she takes a bite and throws it on the floor. It is very frustrating! We are going to break that habit. The first few days were rough. But now when i say it is time to eat...she runs to the table. And if she doesn't eat at that time she doesn't get to eat till the next time. She will usually eat everything on her plate if she misses a meal.
Schedule: Cup of Cereal in the morning
8am:Breakfast
9:30am: Snack
Noon: Lunch
3pm:Snack
5:30pm/6pm: Dinner
We both sit at the table for all meals! So far she has been doing great.

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions lay! I loved this blog! That picture with Rory picking her nose is perfect lol.

    ReplyDelete