Sunday, May 12, 2013

This Mama is getting SLEEP for Mother's Day....

First off...Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's in my life and especially to my own Mom. I only have two sweet angels so I don't know how you did it with four....and WOW what a wonderful childhood we had...love you Mom!

On that note....We have not been sleeping so much at the Hammerlun House. Rylee has severe acid reflex and it has become WORSE since introducing solids the past month. She wakes up crying every hour or two and when she is sleeping she is moaning and tossing and turning like she is very uncomfortable...it is heartbreaking. AND MAMA IS ABOUT TO LOOSE IT WITH NO SLEEP!!!

Rylee had her 6 month appointment on Thursday had a round of shots and has had fever for the last couple days on top of her Reflex so it has not been fun!! Thankfully we were prescribed a medicine (Nizatidine) that she takes 30 minutes before she eats and we should start seeing relief for her within the week. She is the happiest baby during the day but as soon as she is laying flat in her crib for more then an hr she becomes a fussy little girl that is inconsolable.

At first I thought she just wanted her Mama, but even I have a very hard time calming her down. So I know now she is in pain.

So today...Church (one of my favorite services of the year is the Mother's Day Service),and a girl's lunch with Aunt JJ and then Greg is taking the girls for the afternoon so I can sleep more then a 2 hr stretch....THE BEST GIFT EVER!! :) Love you Honey!!!


I don't know how this sweet little thing is SO happy during the day with the rough nights she has! I can't imagine how even more happy she would be with a good night's rest! :) Love this sweet thing!!

*Rory is still sleeping 730pm- 630am every night..(except for the rare occasion where she wakes up at 2am and wants to talk your ear off...unfortunately this happened to Greg the other night...he went to check on her and the talking began "Is it breakfast time? I want toast. Where is my Nemo? Is that a spider on the wall?" ) and she is a deep sleeper so she never wakes up when Rylee is crying!! Thankfully!

2 comments:

  1. Update: Rylee slept well last night. Still tossed and turned but no "screaming" fits! Hopefully the meds are starting to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain rylee, acid reflux like, a mother over here! I barf a little in my mouth some days.

    ReplyDelete