Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thursday's Doctor Appointment

So Sorry it has taken me so long but as soon as the doctor's appointment was over Thursday we hit the road to Lincoln. :) Everything went well....we had about a 30 minute meeting with a genetics counselor. This was the scariest part because A) she was giving us the worst case scenario and B) i didnt understand half of the medical terms she used. Some things she said,

"There is a 1 in 10 chance your child will have spinabifida. That's only 10%." I was thinking ummm lady 10% is a lot when you are talking about your baby.

"If the doctor sees something then you have the choice to insert a needle into the placenta to remove some amniotic fluid...but that might cause a miscarriage." SCARY!

She said a lot of other scary things but I didnt know what they meant. And I was too nervous to ask questions. All in all the counselor was very nice however they need to give you a dictionary before the meeting so you can understand what they are talking about. The normal level for a AFP Test is 2 mine was over 4. :(

We had the sonogram and he said everything looks good. He didn't see anything to be worried about. He did say however that there has to be a reason why my AFP is so high so he will be monitoring me the rest of the pregnancy in addition to Dr. Vaughan. I am what they call a "high risk pregnancy." Nothing to be concerned about just extra care, and more appointments. We were very nervous waiting for Dr. Payne. Rory could feel my nervousness because she was moving around a lot, Greg kept telling me "its her way of telling you everything is going to be fine." Greg was wonderful.....he was so supportive and said the sweetest things to me that day. We are so blessed that everything is okay and are praying for a healthy pregnancy! I see Dr. Vaughan next Monday and then Dr. Payne in 4 weeks.

Our families were so supportive on Thursday. I think we had to make about 10 different phone calls to update them on Miss Rory. We are so loved and Rory is already loved by all of her grandparents, aunts, and uncles. :)

We are so ready for Rory to arrive! I keep having many dreams about her. Greg keeps asking what she looks like, but I can never remember. I have really started to bond with her these last couple weeks, probably because I can feel her moving. We love her so much and I get weepy thinking about it. I can honestly tell you that I havent liked being pregnant until the last couple weeks. Don't get me wrong I am SO SO SO GLAD TO BE PREGNANT. However, I just wish she was here already. Some mom's say...i loved being pregant. I don't think that will be me. Rory moving has really changed that though and I am feeling blessed to be able to experience this process of bringing a precious little thing into our lives.

We had a great time in Nebraska this weekend. We took some great pictures and I will post them ASAP. :)

I haven't figured out spell check on this thing so forgive the errors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment